Co founder of WAZE
Uri Levine is a passionate serial entrepreneur and disruptor. He co-founded Waze, the world’s largest driving traffic and navigation app, with more than 250M drivers around the globe, which was acquired by Google on June 2013 for more than $1.1 billion.
Since then, he follows his dream to create a lot of value to a lot of people, through a series of startups he founded, which disrupt inefficient markets and services. Uri focuses in solving “big problems”, and saving consumers money and time while empowering them.
Levine is co-founder and board member in several startups with the agenda of ‘doing good and doing well’:
– Co-founder and active chairman at FeeX, which addresses the biggest secret in the world, $600B of financial fees that no-one knows they are paying. FeeX helps bring transparency and increase consumers’ retirement savings and long-term investment plans in hundreds of thousands of dollars.
– Chairman and first Investor at Zeek – a marketplace for unused store credit. Addressing $100B of loss store credits every year.
– Member of the board and godfounder of Roomer – a marketplace for non-refundable hotel reservations, a $20B annual loss.
– Founder, Chairman and 1st investor at FairFly, which addresses the biggest secret in the travel industry. What happened to airfare AFTER the booking. FairFly monitors the airfare of your own itinerary after you made reservation and allows you to rebook the same flight or a better flight once price drops.
– 1st Member of the board of Moovit, which is like Waze but for public transportation, and today, serves more than 100M passengers in more than 1,000 cities around the globe.
– Founder, Chairman and the 1st investor at Engie, which deals with our frustration and helplessness at the mechanics, with an app that connects to the car computer, running diagnostic before and gathers quotation before we go to the mechanic, and empowers the driver.
– Member of the supervisory board at HERE, location cloud company, which enables digital mapping and real-time location applications for consumers, vehicles, enterprises and cities.
Uri is also working on some new startups, which follow the same theme – creating a lot of value to a lot of users, all in the consumer space.
Uri has been in the high-tech business for the last 30 years, half of them in the startup scene, and has seen everything ranging from failure, middle success and extreme success.